Daily Prompt: Mirror Mirror on the wall, does my blog tell it all?
What does my blog say about me? That’s not difficult because the topic I usually write about is my life. So, really it is saying quite a bit about me. Not everything though, I chose to keep things light in my words and in my pictures. The picture of the sun shining over clouds is one I took in my back yard. I would like to think the symbolism is appropriate because I always try to find a silver lining to things. The sun peeking behind clouds is a good representation of my life and my beliefs. I like to find humor in the humdrum of my life, so I always search for cartoons to add to my topic, as well.
With my optimism in mind, I am curious as to why I chose the skeptical theme. Am I skeptical? Yes, especially about blogging. I was (and somewhat still) skeptical about blogging. I wasn’t sure if I would get gratification from posting my writings. I did have nightmares of hatful commenters and overly judgmental peers. I am grateful that my nightmares have not come true.
I always write, journal or whatever and it never dawned on me to share these thoughts on the web until my dear friend Nicole, did it and suggested it. I am so glad she did. I now find myself drawn to post daily and I love to look at the stats page. I also find my self losing sleep as a pour through thousands of awesome blogs of people who are very similar to me. The deep vat of knowledge here entrances me, I like to read it and get lost sometimes.
Blogging helps the loneliness I have been coping with since we moved, as well as boosting my self-esteem when I receive likes or have a lot of views on a topic. I find myself making my blog more and more personal with pictures and colors I like. I think this is because I am becoming less skeptical. I even found my self searching new themes the other day, ironic.
What does my blog say about me? I really think it sums me up nicely but I wonder if I will ever allow the serious side of myself to emerge on this platform. Hopefully one day. ☺
This blog is in response to today’s daily prompt:
Think of your blog as a mirror: what does it reveal? Consider your blog name, theme choice, design, bio, posts… what does every element tell you about yourself?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us REFLECTIONS.
Thanks for the great idea, anupturnedsoul!
Find other bloggers’ responses here:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Reflections | The Magic Black Book
- A Seperate Side | Godrick Gnomish
- My Blog About | The Lurker’s List
- Daily Prompt: Reflections | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Reflections | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | littlegirlstory
- that’s me in the spotlight | bodhisattvaintraining
- Mirror Mirror On The Wall | suzie81’s Blog
- Pride | cellarfloor
- Crystal World | Foto Challenge
- The Sights You Will See | Good2begone
- Right Back Atcha | JuSt ViSiTiNG THiS PLaNeT…
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall | Life & Times
- Reflections: Ali in Bloggerland! | alienorajt
- Mirror? | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | MyBlog – solaner
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall « Mama Bear Musings
- Reflections | The Ambitious Drifter
- Blogging Is Sharing Flowers | The Jittery Goat
- Mirror, Mirror | ciara the unicorn
- I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU HEARD ABOUT ME…. | Phoenix Flights
- Shadows of the world | notsinglebutnothappy
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Reflections… | The Amateur Camera
- Reflections | Andante Cantabile
- Daily Prompt : Mirror, Mirror on the wall | Valley Girl Gone Country
- Daily Prompt: Mirror,Mirror, On the wall | Motherhood and Beyond
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | life n me!
- Stop staring at me | Mind of a Mouse
- Mirror, mirror | Sue’s Trifles
- Tuesday and Morning, what do you see in the Mirror? (me?) | tuesday and morning
- Daily Prompt: Reflections | Postcards from
- How do we see ourselves? | New Visions
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror ~ This Snow White is black, white and wants to be read all over | theempathyqueen
- What if I could be myself? | Okay, what if ?
- Creative Cauldron | Blue Loft
- Reflections Eternal: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | Eyes Closed, Mind Open.
- “Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall” | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | The Story of a Guy
- Photoblog for a writer | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Reflections of Me & the City | Far from Done
- Mirror Mirror On The Wall . . . | Spirit Lights The Way
- Reflections… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror on the Wall | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- I saw a human-cat. | Nekoruchii: Life of a Commoner
- Twin Reflections | Travel with Intent
- Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | Along Life’s Road
- duck (Reflections) | photo potpourri
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | LADYBOY PROMPT
- Sex, Lies and Vampire Parenting Blogging | Vampire Maman
- DP ~ Reflections in a Blog | Saving Daddy’s Soulmate
- TAGS ARE THE MIRROR OF THE SOUL, AND A CAR MADE OF FUR | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Dry Tortugas | The Life NomadikThe Life Nomadik
- Molly Greye’s Blog Rap Poetry | Molly Greye
- Cant « froodian pseudoanalysis
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror On The Wall | Simply Julie!
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror – Who Am I? | Randomness Expressed
- Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall -Reflections | Cosmos Wonderland
- My Blog and Me..what do I see? | Daily Observations
- Habit of burden | shame
- Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall: Reflections | Khana’s Web
- My top five things my blog can tell you about me… | My Top Fives…
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall | From Slacker To Scribe
- Reflections | The Nameless One
- Hootie & The Blowfish Suck | Fish Of Gold
- Daily Prompt: I am My Blog | Far from Done
- Beanblog | Inkbelle
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall « The Blogging Path
- Everybody’s Mirror | Maggie’s Stories
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | Moments Thru Lens
- Haiku Variations on Reflections – in word and image | marsowords
- VisDare #33 Meets the Daily Prompt: Differently Indifferent | One Starving Activist
- How You Come Across | A Day in the Life
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall | Imperfectly Perfect
- Mirror Reverse. | ayimas
- Another Chiral Reflection | clarior e tenebris
- Reflections | 5 Degrees Of Inspiration
- “A horny gay guy trapped inside a woman’s body” | LauGraEva
- Reflections: What This Blog Tells You About Me | The Mobius Strip
- Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall – Your Blog as a Mirror | Useless Talent #666
- A Meandering, Wandering Look at a Piece of Little, Ol’ Moi | meanderedwanderings