Why do today what can be put off till tomorrow? Maybe, I will write this blog tomorrow!
Why do today what can be put off till tomorrow?
What do I procrastinate about? Cleaning!
Cleaning house is my nemesis. I do clean at least a little everyday but the deep cleaning and closet organization is what I procrastinate about the most. I have little clean bats that live in my house and they systematically undo all the work I do to keep to house clean (they are also known as children). I do not enjoy cleaning nor do I wish it to be a part of my daily life.
This is a secret I keep from my kids. They think I enjoy cleaning because I force them to pick up their rooms all the time. I always have a smile and say, “its not that bad it will only take a few minutes” but I know it sucks and I would rather be doing anything but cleaning too.
My husband and I always have funny and coded arguments about cleaning jobs neither of us wants to do. If I need him to take out the trash or something, I always start it by complimenting him on how well he does it and say it would be great if he would show me those trash walking skills again. He usually responds by saying, “you flatter me but I know you are the best trash walker, I could use a demonstration to help me improve my skills.” It goes back and forth until someone gives in or we decided to procrastinate.
Well, I should have waited till tomorrow to do this blog. I am supposed to be cooking breakfast. I wonder if I can stretch a few more words in so I can stay in my comfy chair and finish my coffee before I start…
This post was written in response to Today’s Daily Prompt:
Daily Prompt: Procrastination
What have you been putting off doing? Why?
Here are some great responses:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Worm into the bedroom mission continues | weliveinaflat
- Daily Prompt: Procrastination | thecommonmap
- The Man who Always Worried | Godrick Gnomish
- Time Keeps On Slipping…Into the Future | Andante Cantabile
- Procrastination | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Procrastination | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- The Eventual Return of the Masked Procrastinator | Not a Punk Rocker
- Underrated | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Daily Prompt: Procrastination | Under the Monkey Tree
- thesis? what thesis? | FamousFeline
- Daily Prompt: Procrastination | littlegirlstory